Recent Community Posts
Trick or Treat Hours 2021
Let's be careful driving out there. The little ones probably haven't gone out in two years, and may be too excited to be careful.
Following is the list of Trick or Treat hours by town for Sunday, October 31, 2021 (remember, the sun sets at 5:45):
- Bedford Park 3:00-6:00
- Berwyn 2:30-6:00
- Bridgeview 2:00-6:00
- Burbank 2:00-6:00
- Chicago 3:00-7:00
- Cicero 3:00-7:00
- Countryside 3:00-8:00
- Crestwood 3:00-7:00
- Evergreen Park 12:00-8:00
- Hodgkins 3:00-6:00
- Joliet 4:00-7:00
- Justice 2:00-6:00
- La Grange 3:00-8:00
- Lyons 3:00-7:00
- Oak Forest 2:00-7:00
- Oak Lawn 2:00-6:00
- Oak Park 1:00-5:30
- Palos Heights 3:00-7:00
- Palos Hills 3:00-7:00
- Stickney 3:00-7:00
- Summit 6:00-8:00
- Willow Springs 3:00-7:00
- Worth 2:00-7:00
Paying respects for fallen CPD officer
First responders from Bridgeview and surrounding towns, as well as citizens, line the street to pay respects for a fallen CPD officer.
SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank was on the scene for the funeral procession for family members of Ella French, the fallen Chicago Police officer, who was killed last week in the line of duty.
Hundreds of first responders, business owners and citizens packed Harlem Ave in Bridgeview as the funeral procession drove by. Many waved flags or held signs in support.
Our hearts go out to the family of Ms. French, as well to her brothers and sisters in the Chicago Police Department.
Area Fireworks Displays
Fireworks displays throughout the region. You can view multiple displays that weekend.
The following is a brief list of fireworks displays around the region, but check for any last minute changes.
- Chicago 7/4 Dusk Navy Pier
- Aurora 7/2 9:30 RiverEdge Park
- Barrington 7/2 Dusk Metra Station
- Bolingbrook 7/4 9:15 Bolingbrook Golf Club
- Bridgeview 7/3 9:15 Commissioners Park
- Burr Ridge 7/3 9:30 Walker Park
- Downers Grove 7/4 9:30 75th St/Lemont Rd
- Highland Park 7/4 8:00 Rec Center (Virtual)
- LaGrange 7/2 9:30 Waiola Park
- Lake Forest 7/4 9:30 Deerpath Community Pk
- Libertyville 7/3 + 7/4 Dusk Butler Lake Park
- Lisle 7/3 Dusk Lisle Community Park
- Naperville 7/4 9:30 Frontier Sports Complex
- New Lenox 7/4 9:15 New Lenox Commons
- Orland Park 7/4 9:30 Centennial Park
- Palos Heights 7/3 9:30 Memorial Park
- Romeoville 7/3 Dusk Lukancic, Volunteer, and Discovery Parks
- Round Lake 7/4 Dusk Round Lake Park District
- Schaumburg 7/4 After Boomers baseball game
- St Charles 7/4 Dusk Pottawatomie Park
- Tinley Park 7/4 9:30 McCarthy Park
- Waukegan 7/4 9:00 Waukegan Harbor
- Westmont 7/4 9:30 Ty Warner Park
Have a safe and joyous 4th!!
Trick or Treat hours 2020
Will there or won't there be trick or treating this year? Many locales have been fairly quiet in announcing Trick or Treat hours because of the pandemic. Check with your local municipal hall to get the most up to date information.
City of Chicago will have trick or treating from 3:00- 7:00 on Sat, Oct 31st.
If you are a homeowner here's what you are advised to do:
- Keep your lights on, and place sign on your door that it is safe for trick and treating. Otherwise, keep lights off and place a door sign saying "No trick or treating".
- If you are passing out goodies, remember to wear a mask, wash your hands before and after, and have hand sanitizer available, just in case.
- Remember to keep to a safe distance from others.
- Do not let the ghosts and goblins reach in and grab a handful of candy - pass it out safely.
If you are escorting little ones through the neighborhood:
- Stay in a neighborhood you know and trust.
- Respect homes that are dark or have signs restricting trick or treating.
- Wear a mask; one under the costume mask if necessary.
- Keep to groups of 6 or less.
- Keep moving. Don't stop and congregate in groups.
- Wash hands immediately after returning home.
Everyone is advised to avoid house parties and indoor haunted houses.
2020 has been an unusual year to say the least. Let's get through this as safely as possible, so that everyone is around next year to enjoy Halloween 2021!
Trick or Treat hours 2019
Be safe when taking the little ghosts and goblins around.
Here is the list of Trick or Treat hours for some of the local communities.
- Berwyn - 4:00-6:30
- Bridgeview - 3:00 - 7:00
- Burbank - 2:00 - 6:00
- Burr Ridge - 3:00 - 8:00
- Chicago Ridge - 3:00 - 7:00
- Cicero - 3:00 - 7:00
- Evergreen Park - After school - 8:00
- Hickory Hills - 3:00 - 7:00
- Hometown - 2:00 - 7:00
- Justice - 3:00 - 7:00
- LaGrange - 3:00 - 7:00
- Oak Lawn - 3:00 - 8:00
- Summit - 6:00 - 8:00
SERVPRO Bedford park/Burbank helps Bridgeview Chamber
Part of the Bridgeview Chamber Executive Board along with volunteers pose at the golf outing.
Recently, SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank helped the Bridgeview Chamber during their biggest fundraiser of the year, their annual golf outing. Our Marketing Rep Rick Gauger ran the closest to the pin contest. There were other contests as well, such as longest drive and lowest score.
Monies raised for this fundraiser went to the Chamber's Scholarship Fund, which aids local kids pay for their college tuition. Besides the golf, there were many raffle prizes. This year's golf outing was the best fundraiser the Chamber has had in many years.
SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank is always willing to help the community! Whether it is volunteering at a church, helping local Chambers, or cleaning up after storms, you can count on SERVPRO Bedford Park/Burbank to lend a helping hand.
SERVPRO Bedford Park a sponsor at CYC Fundraiser
Chicago Youth Center fundraiser at Wintrust Banking Center in downtown Chicago.
Friday, March 10, 2017, SERVPRO Bedford Park / Burbank was one of many sponsors of the CYC Fundraiser at the Wintrust Banking Center in downtown Chicago. CYC stands for Chicago Youth Center, an amazing facility that offers children 3-18 years old for full or half day educational and recreational programs in the South Shore neighborhood.
Their goal at this black tie affair was to raise $90,000 in a single evening with many raffle prizes donated, including several items from the World Champion Chicago Cubs! Attendees were also encouraged to make personal donations as well.
SERVPRO Bedford Park / Burbank is proud to support the fine work done at the CYC. The kids do craft items, learn to play musical instruments, work as a team to build robots, and other tasks that encourage the kids to use their imagination while building team cooperation.
SERVPRO of Bedford Park volunteers at CYC
The group from CYC, along with the volunteers, posing in the lobby of the South Shore facility.
Taken from a letter from CYC's Laura Robinson:
"On behalf of the Board staff, and children of Chicago Youth Centers (CYC), thank you for supporting our South Shore Shake & Stir event on March 18, 2016. The event celebrated CYC's Rebecca K. Croen Youth Center and the crucial work we do in the South Shore Community. Thanks to you, and donors like you, the Shake & Stir event netted more than $56,000. The funds raised will allow CYC to continue offering year-round programming, assuring that children have access to the educational, social, and emotional resources needed to succeed and persist in school, in their daily lives, and ultimately the workforce."
SERVPRO of Bedford Park/Burbank is always glad to help in any way we can. We not only help after disiaters, but we try to help the community in as many ways as possible.